Change

"Change allows us to exit the comfortable and enter the improved."
~David Cottrell

Sunday, February 13, 2011

BP4_Web 2.0 Tool Review: Glogster


For my CBR project I am focusing on motivation in terms of homeschooling and teaching to Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences.   I am incorporating technology and collaboration. With that in mind I decided I wanted something fun and creative.  So I am choosing Glogster as my Web 2.0 tool.  When I first saw this I didn't know what a Glog was. Well what I found out was a Glog is a fun creation used to express ones self. This tool is an interactive poster, which is great for individual expressiveness or collaborative class projects. 



Glogster provides the tools to add graphics, text, images, videos, sound, data, and drawings.  With the text feature you can tell the world about who you are and what you think.  You can write a letter, write a poem or write about the first president of the United States.  With the Images tool you can add pictures from your own files or from the Internet.  You can be creative by adding pictures of famous people, such as George Washington, cartoons, cars, and/or clipart.  In case words or pictures aren’t enough with Glogster you can also add music and video to your posters. With this tool creativity can be endless. Creativity in the classroom, whether in a traditional classroom or a home school class environment is a great motivator. 





Glogster is an innovative way to tell the world and your classmates who you are and what’s important to you.  With Glogster you can reply to other people’s glog’s, get creative with your own and enjoy your individuality.  


No comments:

Post a Comment